How to add breakpoints in Xcode?
You must know the normal ways:
- Click on the line number
- Paste and add a method name in the Breakpoints window (Alt+CMD+B)
But sometimes you may have a chance to fight with an internal function such as “__NSAutoreleaseNoPool():”. How can we pause it?
Here’s the solution:
- Start your debug (CMD+Enter)
- Goto the GDB window (Shift+CMD+R)
- Go into the debug console (Ctrl+C)
- Type “br __NSAutoreleaseNoPool” to add the special breakpoint (Don’t forget to press Enter)
- Continue your debug (Alt+CMD+P)
- You can also remove the breakpoint in the Breakpoints window (Alt+CMD+B)